Great beach with sun umbrellas, beach bat 'n ball, bodies of all shapes sizes and colours from black to lobster red, to delicate white with shell pink patches.
This is the beginning of the new web-based blog. Sitting at my desk surrounded by un-ticked lists, fairly usual I suppose at this stage with only just over 24 hours to go. Some jobs haven't even made it onto the lists yet! This afternoon Carol and Sally coming down to check out Spike Island Open Day. People ask me if I have packed - not exactly, although I have a short list pile of clothes in the bedroom and a pile of cardboard boxes in the hall. More later - and I'll try to take you with me on my journey to France. Give me feedback and I'll try not to bore you to death.
PS I usually email all of you friends (and ‘friends’) to let you know that the blog’s about. My email has been so constipated this year that I haven’t done the email part, relying on FB to get the word out. But I know that a lot of my friends don’t use it or don’t visit much. So if you are reading this via FB please pass it on to the snail brigade that the blog is OUT THERE. (One of the chief reasons for doing this is to keep in touch, so please do!) In case I don’t get to post another blog until I get back, I am leaving Marans tomorrow for a complicated trip home, hopefully arriving back in Bristol Tuesday 6 July… even more hopefully, we’d like to be back out here in August, a period we usually try to avoid, but, hey, it’s summer and everybody can enjoy it.
Sorry about this year’s blog – never as late as this! I usually manage to let you all know what our plans are, but this year seemed difficult for some uncertain reason. Anyway – you’ll all be glad to know that I’m in France, it’s warm and sunny, at least today it is. Snork Maiden is just as beautiful as when I left, with the washing up right there as ever was. I don’t know why it surprises me so much. It also looks as though some kind person has cleaned the decks – thanks to the sun, rain and winter winds. The first hour or so on the boat is great, it’s clean, tidy and peaceful, then along comes the job list and unloading to mess it up. For all those interested in visiting / crewing / hanging out with us, our plan is to get in the water asap and take off south, coast and island hopping on the way. At the moment the return ferry is booked for approximately mid-July. We will aim to get to Marans, our favourite port near La Rochelle, where we can leave SM until we come back in lat...
Comments
Post a Comment